Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » the system.dbf is more recent then control file when I open Database
the system.dbf is more recent then control file when I open Database [message #52199] Mon, 08 July 2002 19:52 Go to next message
llz
Hi,
I have a problem: the system.dbf is more recent then control file when I open Database. How can I do, please give me a hand.
Thanks!
Re: the system.dbf is more recent then control file when I open Database [message #52212 is a reply to message #52199] Tue, 09 July 2002 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B
If you restore the whole database, you Must restore the control file ( you should always include control_file in your backup ). You still can use the "create control file" command.
Else ( just restore some files ) just recover you database, and system will be coherent with control file
Re: the system.dbf is more recent then control file when I open Database [message #52243 is a reply to message #52199] Wed, 10 July 2002 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christopher
Did you do some type of recovery?
It seems like you were doing recovery with a backup controlfile. Anytime you use a backup controlfile for recovery, you MUST restore ALL datafiles. If you do not, the error you are recieving is the result and you will not be able to open your database.
Re: the system.dbf is more recent then control file when I open Database [message #52246 is a reply to message #52199] Wed, 10 July 2002 19:53 Go to previous message
christopher
Did you do some type of recovery?
It seems like you were doing recovery with a backup controlfile. Anytime you use a backup controlfile for recovery, you MUST restore ALL datafiles. If you do not, the error you are recieving is the result and you will not be able to open your database.
Previous Topic: Tablespace Expands abruptly!!!
Next Topic: Re: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:43:44 CDT 2024