Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Really Urgent!!!
Really Urgent!!! [message #52299] Fri, 12 July 2002 11:46 Go to next message
emme
Hello,
I have oracle server and client.But server was not toched by nobody else since last two years.But there is only one database in that server.Now Here my problem comes!

The last user/admin guy forgot username and password for that database.But only he knows the host string.default user name scott/tiger is not working.

I tried to connect Oracle Server Manager using internal/oracle.But i am getting error 'oracle not available'
whan I tried to know lsnrctl status,I am getting error message:No listener,protocal adopter error

Then when i started lsnrctl in DOS#,i am getting 'ORACLE TNSlistener pending' and then it 'ORACLE TNSlistenter started'.After this message dos window disapperaed.

In that server,i am still having listener.log files(2 YEARS BEFORE CONNECTED SUCCESSFULLY LOG).Is this will help my problem?I need to connect to the database.

Is there is any way,i will get the user name and password?

One more Question,Is there is any way i can create new listener and tnsname using that Host String?

OR Is that possible to create new user name and password using that same host string?

The following message,I am getting:
In Client:
ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect destination
ORA-O1034:ORACLE not available

Server:
ORA 01017:Invaild username and password;logon denied

Please Experts,Help me.
Thanks in Advance,
Emme.
Re: Really Urgent!!! [message #52301 is a reply to message #52299] Fri, 12 July 2002 12:37 Go to previous message
Grant
At the DOS prompt try:

ORACLE_SID=SID ! where SID is sid name
sqlplus internal

If you are in the DBA group you should get connected. If you get connected type:

SQL> startup
SQL> alter user sys identified by PASSWORD; ! where PASSWORD is the new one. DO system the same way.

If you are not in the DBA group put yourself in it and log in again and try it.

Note: ORA-O1034 means the database isn't running. You can also start it in Services.
Previous Topic: Re: NMI errors after reboot
Next Topic: damage to database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:29:17 CDT 2024