Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » OracleDriver Problem
OracleDriver Problem [message #52718] Thu, 08 August 2002 02:46 Go to next message
Shital
Hi,
I have oracle 8.0.4 database server on one machine. And from someother machine i want to access the database. So i installed oracle 8 client. Now it has oracle odbc driver (version 8.0.4) .But i want it to be 8.0.5.10.0 So i downloaded that driver. But when i am trying to install it on the client machine. it is not doing it. And not even giving any error. It is just closing the oracle installer application. How do i upgrade the driver?
Please reply ASAP
thanx.
Re: OracleDriver Problem [message #52727 is a reply to message #52718] Thu, 08 August 2002 05:59 Go to previous message
Sanjay
Oracle 8.0.4 was a really messy release. I presume that you are using NT machine for the client.

What I did once long time ago was to UNINSTALL 804 client completely. Delete the folder (left over files). Recycle the machine. Then try to install client 805.

If still you cannot install 805, I hate to say this, clean up the Oracle client entries from the Registry (NOTE: be careful with the registry). If you are not comfortable messing around with the registry, ask for some ones help.

Good luck.
Previous Topic: SQLPLUS login problems
Next Topic: Re: Oracle9i database version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:29:53 CDT 2024