Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » ORACLE data block corrupted. How to prevent it from happening
ORACLE data block corrupted. How to prevent it from happening [message #52784] Tue, 13 August 2002 12:48 Go to next message
Souri Fard
All,

I am getting "Error 1578 encountered while recovering transaction". Other error are:
ORA-01578: ORACLE data block corrupted (file # 3, block # 53)
ORA-01110: data file 3: 'db1_rbs.dbf'. I have a backup and I have to restore the database after every time the developer runs his test. I would like to find out why it is happening and how to prevent it from happening again. Do I have to change /etc/system? Can you please provide some assistance.

Regards,

Souri
Re: ORACLE data block corrupted. How to prevent it from happening [message #52786 is a reply to message #52784] Wed, 14 August 2002 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
whats your oracle version, and OS?
Re: ORACLE data block corrupted. How to prevent it from happening [message #52822 is a reply to message #52784] Thu, 15 August 2002 09:39 Go to previous message
Grant
If it is the same data file each time I would say it is corrupted. You can run this script to check all your datafiles.

set serveroutput on
set echo off
set head off
set pages 0
set feedback off
set linesize 100

spool dbv.sh

select 'dbv '||' file='||file_name||' feedback=300'||' BLOCKSIZE='||value
from dba_data_files, v$parameter
where v$parameter.name = 'db_block_size';

spool off;

!chmod +x dbv.sh
!./dbv.sh

If it is corrupted I would drop the rollback tablespace and delete the data files and recreate it. Do a full backup first.
Previous Topic: Strange warnings from Oracle
Next Topic: Re: Braindumps of ORACL8 & 8i Available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:59:17 CDT 2024