Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle Instance
Oracle Instance [message #53007] Fri, 23 August 2002 07:30 Go to next message
Lee Ming Soon
I installed Oracle 8.1.7 server on Windows 2000 Server. Later i created a database. However, each time the server restart/reboot, when i tried to connect to the database created earlier, i failed and got an error message "Oracle not available".

To connect, i need to manually open the instance for that database by logging on as SYSDBA. It is not a long term solution.

I tried to run the pupbld.sql (by logging on as system/manager) but i failed to run the scripts entirely. I hit few errors. This solution i got it from Oracle documentation.

To all Oracle Experts, please help me to solve this problem. My purpose is simple. I just want my Oracle/database instance to be opened automatically each time my server brings up.

Thanks a lot!

Should my message above is not clear or you need more info you may reach me at leemingsoon@hotmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Oracle Instance [message #53011 is a reply to message #53007] Fri, 23 August 2002 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
go to control panel/administrtive tools/services.
oracle<sid> runs as service.
make sure this oracle server and listener servcie is set so as to start automatically.
Re: Oracle Instance [message #53027 is a reply to message #53007] Sun, 25 August 2002 08:10 Go to previous message
Lee Ming Soon
Hi Mahesh Rajendran,

i checked that althu the service is started but somehow i still need to manually start the instance. i m not talking about the Oracle itself. it is about the instance of the database that i already created.

Please help.
Previous Topic: Re: Refreshing the
Next Topic: Point in time Recovery! Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:40:09 CDT 2024