Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » net 8 assistant problem
net 8 assistant problem [message #53023] Sat, 24 August 2002 07:56 Go to next message
saleem akhter
I HAVE two NTSRV 4 WITH 124MB,ntsrv 4 with 64 mb RAM,AND ORA 8 ENTERPRIZE EDITION INSTALLED. THE PROBLEM I AM FACING IS THAT WHEN EVER I STRAT NET8 ASSISTANT I GET DR.WATSON WITH FOLLOWING MESSAGE
" AN APPLICATION ERROR HAS OCCURED
JAVA.EXE
EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION(0x0000005),ADDRESS:0X01EFDA04 "
I HAVE REINSTALLED NT AND ORACLE8,BUT STILL SAME DR.WATSON.
I HAVE ALSO CREATED VALUE NAME "ORACLE_JDK" IN NT REGISTRY(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE) WITH VALUE DATA "F:ORANTJDK"(F: DRIVE CONTAIN ORANT AND JDK FOLDER)

BUT NO RESULTS. SO PLEASE TELL ME WHY DO I GET THIS
MESSAGE AND HOW TO RESOLVE THIS.(I HAVE JAVA 1.2 RUNNING ON THE SYSTEM PROPERLY AND EVEN I HAVE DEFINED IN THE PATH AS WELL)

BYTHE WAY I HAVE ORACLE8 INSTALLED ON ANOTHER NTSRV WITH SAME CONFIGERATION (LIKE JDK DEFINED IN PATH AND SO ON)DO NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

I have been asking this question for since last april, but no answer yet. I have searched google,orafaq but no results.
helpppppppppppppppppppp. anyone outthere knows how to solve it. pls if answer be kind to give step by step instruction.

thank you
Re: net 8 assistant problem [message #53036 is a reply to message #53023] Mon, 26 August 2002 02:10 Go to previous message
André ALIMBA
What kind of processor has your PC ?
If Pentium IV, Problem exists during installing Oracle on the PC.

Try to go to METALINK site for looking for the solution...

Good Luck

AA

Previous Topic: Urgent
Next Topic: datafile problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:34:59 CDT 2024