Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Problem during installing oracle apllication server.
Problem during installing oracle apllication server. [message #53024] Sat, 24 August 2002 10:55 Go to next message
sundeep mohanty
Hi All,
I am trying to install oracle application server on SUN Solaries(8), my origin database is on another SUN Solaries(9) machine. During this process while configuring database cache it is showing me the following error :
Connecting to cache failed
Reason : ORA-01034: Oracle not available
ORA-27101: Shared memory realm doesnot exit
svr4 error:2 : No such file or directory
But when i viewed the log file in database server I found the instance of Application server.
I confirmed that the database and listener are up and running properly. Even I am getting the database server through remote host(ORACLE CLIENT).

Please help me to sort out the problem.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Sundeep Mohanty.
Re: Problem during installing oracle apllication server. [message #53049 is a reply to message #53024] Mon, 26 August 2002 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dhiren
I hope that you are carrying out all the pre-installation steps and have run all the patches that
are necessary for the installation.
It is important that you go through those first.
Generally the problem is in the defination of the service name.
You have to give the
hostname
port#
service name
properly.
Check that the tnsnames.ora is set right.
These are the generic tips for you.
Looks like the problem is in the defination of the host name and port #
Dhiren
Re: Problem during installing oracle apllication server. [message #53079 is a reply to message #53024] Tue, 27 August 2002 11:04 Go to previous message
Grant
Bump up your semiphores to at least 1000 and reboot then try it.
Previous Topic: Urgent: Data recovery
Next Topic: Refreshing the "development" instance from the "production" instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:32:33 CDT 2024